Ne-Yo Music
Saturday, December 4, 2010
Ne-Yo: the HIT man
source: mtv.com
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Ne-Yo Wins $700,000 In Lawsuit Against R. Kelly Tour Promoter
The young singer claimed that he was dropped from the tour after just two shows because he was upstaging R. Kelly; a rep for Kelly denied that claim and maintained that the matter was a contractual issue between Ne-Yo and the promoter. Kelly was not named in the lawsuit.
After Rowe Entertainment failed to respond to the lawsuit, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Malcolm Mackey ordered the company to pay Ne-Yo $700,320 last week.
Promoter Leonard Rowe gave a statement following Ne-Yo's departure from the tour, saying, "It was decided that in the best interest of all involved, since I was unable to receive the fully executed contract, I had no other alternative but to release Ne-Yo from the tour. From a business perspective, it would have been extremely difficult for me to continue under this cloud of uncertainty."
Ne-Yo claimed in the suit that the lack of signatures shouldn't have been an issue because all the material terms were agreed upon orally. "The parties understood that the oral agreement was binding and would be binding even if a formal written agreement was never executed," the lawsuit read. Consequently, Ne-Yo said, both sides proceeded as if he were on the tour. He hired musicians, dancers, security and other personnel, conducted rehearsals and did promotions, while Lowe used his name, voice and likeness for print, radio and television ads to promote the tour.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Ne-Yo pushes release date back, apologizes
“To everybody that went to the store in August, I just want to personally apologize for the confusion and the delay. I just had to make sure it was RIGHT RIGHT ya know??” says Ne-Yo from his Year of the Gentleman blog.
The new album which features “Closer” and the new single “Miss Independent” is now set for release September 16th. A diverse, “feel good” and classy number, “Year of the Gentleman” has become one of this year’s most highly anticipated albums, Ne-Yo even says “I put my foot in this one!”
Following his chart topping smash “Closer,” which topped the UK charts last month, Ne-Yo is now focused on his ode to the hardworking woman with “Miss Independent” – the second single.
“I think that 2008/2009 and beyond, women should stand up n’ let the fellas know that they can ball out too, take pride in the fact that your car, crib, baby’s clothes, EVERYTHING is on you, and you got it!!!”
“Miss Independent” is currently making strides at radio with plans for a video to hit major networks in a few weeks. The singer/songwriter has confirmed a remix with actor/singer/producer Jamie Foxx, which will be released soon.
Friday, May 23, 2008
Ne-Yo to Guest Star on Soap Operas
Other celebrities, however, have to start smaller. Or at least earlier in the day.
Hip hop sensation Ne-Yo, for example, will be appearing on All My Children on May 21 and May 22, performing a couple hits from his latest album on the soap opera.
Ne-Yo a massive fan of Duffy and Amy Winehouse

He said: “LA Reid introduced me to Duffy’s record. I really love her voice. You guys have a lot of talent.”
The 25-year-old has also spoken highly of Amy, and insists it is her turbulent personal life that makes her music so great.
He added to Britain’s Daily Star newspaper: “I’m a die-hard fan. Self-destructiveness is what makes her real – it makes for great songs.”
The singer-songwriter penned ‘I’m You’ for the US version of Leona’s hit album ‘Spirit’, and is thrilled she has made it Stateside with his help.
He said: “Her talent will carry her in the US but maybe me being so hot helped. Leona is a beautiful person inside and out.
“She’s not just a pretty face – her voice is undeniable.”